Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

Financial Stress!

I hate writing when I’m frustrated or angry. I don’t like to think that I only have something to say when I’m upset. In any case, right now I’m feeling somewhat stressed about money. Child support in particular.

Recently, Riley’s dad and I went down to child support because they withheld his tax return, claiming that he owed me money. Everything between Kenny and I financially has been settled and even, so this was confusing. We signed a paper stating that he did not owe me this money etc. A few days later, I get a letter in the mail from child support enforcement claiming that they have found in their records that they overpaid me somewhere around $1400 LAST APRIL! And now they are requesting/demanding that I repay this amount! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

I called Kenny to let him know what the heck was going on and he basically agreed that I do not owe him anything and that we are on the same page- everything is even and up to date and no one owes anyone anything. He did also say that if I had to repay anything in any way that he would give it back to me. All he cared about was getting the $3000 from the EAC on my taxes, which I had already agreed to give him.

It is just soooo frustrating to have something like this happen. And on top of that, just the thought that they are that fucking unorganized to think I was overpaid in such a large sum of money. As a struggling single mother, the idea of having to pay that kind of money BACK is even more angering!

I am hoping that by contacting them and getting something signed also by Kenny stating that I do not owe him anything will solve and clear it all up. It will be even more annoying to have to have money withheld from my child support, only to have him give it back to me. UGH!

OH and I haven’t mentioned that I’m also getting collection letters from some company named Stephen Michaels & Associates claiming I have a bill in collections with them from the hospital when I had conjunctivitis. This is complete and utter BULLSHIT because Medicaid paid that bill 3 months after the date of service. Neither the hospital nor the ER doctor sent my bill into collections, as I have asked for itemized bills with proof that the sum had been paid.

So I guess my next step is to demand that this company send me proof that I owe this debt and provide me with information on the date of service and total cost etc. GRRRRR… these things are so stressful!

I also need to go back to the health department for a physical and other check up things AND I need to reapply for food stamps which I don’t think I’m going to qualify for anymore. I had worked a lot more these past few months because of how short staffed we are and that has changed a lot and is going to stay the way it is for a while. So now I’m going to be penalized with the amount of money I’ll receive because I had a few good months :(  Argh.

Ok I guess that’s enough of me complaining for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment